Beetroot is becoming so popular these days, due to recent studies claiming that this super-food is heart-healthy, fights inflammation, and detoxifies and supports the liver.
If you do not like beetroot juice, we have a great way to include beetroot in your diet. A unique salad made of beetroot and feta cheese! Once you try it, you will love it, trust me! Besides being delicious, this beetroot-feta cheese salad offers plenty of health benefits. So, let’s find out more about the benefits that you will experience from eating this amazing salad.
Health Benefits of Beetroot
Beetroots are gaining in popularity due to the various health benefits they offer. They are extremely beneficial not only for the liver, but also for every part of your body. Check out some of their health benefits:
- Due to the alkalinity they have, beetroots can effectively fight over-acidity in the body
- Beetroots are an excellent source of iron that regenerates and reactivates the red blood cells and supplies fresh oxygen to the body. Beetroots are also packed with copper which makes iron more bio-available to the body
- Detoxifies the liver and heals bile ailments including hepatitis, food poisoning, and jaundice
- It has potent anti-inflammatory properties and can act as a natural painkiller, having the ability to relieve pains from gout, injuries, and arthritis.
- Beetroot contains Choline that can detoxify your liver and the entire system of excessive alcohol abuse.
- The regular consumption of beetroot can dilate blood vessels and improve blood pressure, which in turn lowers high blood pressure and elevates low blood pressure
- Betaine found in beetroot inhibits formation of cancer-causing compounds. It prevents stomach and colon cancer.
Health Benefits of Feta Cheese
When you think of cheese probably the first thing that comes to your mind is unhealthy. Fortunately, not all cheeses are unhealthy and bad for your health. Feta cheese is one of the healthiest alternatives for you. It is low in calorie and it is nutrient-rich. This type of cheese is easier to digest and much less inflammatory and allergenic, meaning that it is great for people who can’t tolerate cow’s dairy products.
It is packed with alpha-lactalbumin, a protein that in the presence of zinc and calcium found in the cheese can effectively protect against tumors and cancer.
Feta cheese contains another protein known as histidine that in combination with vitamin B6 (also found in feta cheese) can protect the body from inflammation. This super-healthy cheese has beneficial bacteria that can strengthen your gut health and immune system.
Moreover, feta cheese can prevent headaches and migraines due to its high content of vitamin B2. This food contributes to healthy blood-building due to its content of folate (vitamin B12) and the small amount of iron.
Cilantro And Garlic
Cilantro and garlic are excellent for detoxifying heavy metals.
Garlic has anti-cancer and anti-coagulant properties, lower blood sugar levels, strengthens the immune system, normalizes blood pressure, treats fungal infections, relieves gas/bloating in the stomach, and eliminates toxins from the blood.
Cilantro possesses potent antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and anticancer properties. It can significantly strengthen your immune system. The regular consumption of cilantro will detoxify heavy metals from your body, and prevent Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease.
Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil
This recipe includes the use of extra virgin organic oil. However, you can also use grapeseed oil, sesame oil or avocado oil. All of these oils have high content of monounsaturated fats that aid weight loss when used properly.
Beetroot-Feta Cheese Salad Recipe
This salad is a perfect combination of super-healthy ingredients. You can also add cashew nuts in the end, once you mix up all the ingredients. In this way, you will feel full for longer. However, it is up to you!
- 2 medium-large beetroots
- 50-60 grams of feta cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- A pinch of seasalt (optional)
- A fistful of lightly-toasted cashew nuts (optional)
You should wash and scrub the beetroot clean. Boil it in a pot on medium heat for 45-50 minutes. Then, drain the hot water from the pot and fill with cold water. Use a spoon to peel off the skin. Cube the beetroots and feta cheese. In a big salad bowl, add all the ingredients, drizzle the olive oil and mix well. Simple as that! Enjoy your salad!
Source: Juicing For Health